Thursday, December 18, 2008

Welcome to BlogSpot!

Welcome to BlogSpot!

No, I was trying to welcome myself.

Why did I even bother to subscribe to a blog site and write a blog? Self expression. That's it. And I can be able to express myself more online than on a one-on-one talk with somebody. After all, I just found out that I am a shy person.

==

I am sitting in front of my station right now, talking to a customer whose account was not set up properly. While catering to this customer, my mind is wandering somewhere else.

My thoughts drifted to what my supervisor told us yesterday:

"We need your commitment with regard to attendance, metrics and behavior, guys. For attendance, it's no mercy. Those who could not back up their absence with a medical certificate, you'll get a memo from me and mind you, it could lead to suspension up to termination. In order for us to pass service level, we need to go on OT. If we need to incorporate pre shift and post shift OT just for us not to fail service level, then we'll do that. For metrics, same thing, I will also give you a memo for non performance if I coached twice on the same line item. For behavior guys, it's self explanatory..."

It still rings in my ears. And I only have one question in mind:

Will I make it?

I admit. I am no technical person. I'm not good with walking customers through FTP transfer or file upload or what not. For me, I am not as good as anyone else. That's why I panicked. Panicked because there's this big possibility, if I don't perform (again), that I will be terminated. I don't want that (who does, anyway?)

I need to think about my plans a thousand times and sort things out. I can't afford to make any mistakes this time. One of my office mates is starting to reconsider health care and that gave me the idea to, at least, give TeleTech another try too.

My mind is in a chaotic state at the moment. Sorry if this first entry just doesn't make any sense.




No comments:

Post a Comment