Monday, December 22, 2008

On Lost Phones

Uso ba pagkawala ng mga cellphones ngayon?

Just read the new entry of my favorite blogger. He mentioned that he just lost his phone again.

Again.


He was able to tell me once about a nice phone model that he lost sometime ago. And because he needed a phone badly (and immediately), he bought a cheap Nokia phone. It was a nice model though not as flashy compared to the new phones sold in the market today but still it would serve great to anybody.

So that's the whole reason why he was not texting me back.

Because he lost his phone.

About a week ago, I bought my brother a rather cheap but equally performing Nokia phone (forgot the model number, though). But this time, I made sure that he won't lose it again.

I bought a cord/strap and a metal lock along with it. Paranoid you may think I am but hear this: he already lost 2 phones prior to the one I bought him last week. Sure all those phones are cheap and mind you, I didn't even spend a penny with those phones. But still, it would've saved me Php1500 if he was just more careful.

The Sony Ericsson T230 was given to him by my boyfriend. Not really using the phone that much, he decided to give it to my brother so that we can be able to contact him. But as luck may have it, my brother lost the phone on the way home just 4 days after my boyfriend gave it to him. He suspected that the guy sitting next to him in the jeepney may have stolen it from him since his phone was in his pocket. Although my boyfriend didn't mind the incident that much, I was so ashamed of him that I scolded my brother to death. He vowed to be more careful next time.

The second phone was a Nokia 1100. Cheap, no colored display and no modern features like mp3 or even a camera. I found this phone lying in the production floor, abandoned. Surprising as it may seem, no one seem to notice the phone although a lot of people passed by that area already. Baka di nila type yung phone. Luma na kasi, I thought. So I picked it up and told my mom who was waiting outside the building that I found this phone. In an instant, I told her that I'll be giving it to my brother.

The phone lasted for about 7 days only. It got lost when my brother was having his lunch. It slipped out of his pocket (again) and when he tried to find it, it was nowhere. I told him that he will not be having another phone unless he learns to be responsible of his actions.

But still, probably because of my love for him, I still bought him another phone when my 13th month bonus came. I don't know what went into me. Probably because I just want to contact him anytime, make sure that he's fine and for him to text his friends as well. After all, he's the only brother I have.

As for my favorite blogger, I don't know if he's on a rest day right now but I'll have to talk to him about it. It's a bad thing for him (read his blog, dammit!).

Me? I always make sure that I have my phone with me.

*Looks at side pockets*