Monday, December 22, 2008

PTO On The 24th

I guess I'll be spending my Christmas at home after all.

I looked at my schedule manager 30 minutes ago and saw that the 24th was plotted as PTO. I almost jumped and shouted when I saw my screen. They're not kidding, right?

IEX, our schedule manager, had its ups and downs for the last 2 months that its hard to rely on it anymore, especially when you plot your desired vacation leave on it. A day before your PTO, the plotted leave will disappear. Schedules which are supposed to be from 6 pm - 3 am, you see 11:45 pm - 8:45 am instead (my previous schedule). To cut it short, IEX is a mess.

But they should not dare make a mistake about this PTO on the 24th. I don't want to hear something like:

  • "Oh, I'm sorry. You are not suppose to go on PTO on that day. It was just a mistake on the IEX server."; or
  • "Guys, sorry but you have to come here on the 24th. Your plotted PTO for that day has been canceled."

God, I swear I'll kill the FCs if ever this happens.


This day actually means a lot to me. My boyfriend is spending his Christmas at home and he was so bummed when I told him that I can't afford to be absent on the 24th. Nonetheless, he chose to spend Christmas Eve at home and wait for me until 3 am.

Now that I'm suppose to be on leave on that day, my spirits are soaring high. At last I can spend Christmas with my family and boyfriend.

I just pray that this won't get canceled out.