Sunday, March 08, 2009

With Beauty Gone

I just wasn't ready for it.

The day I went to Hinigaran, I had this feeling that I shouldn't leave my dog, Beauty, alone at home. She had been sick the day before that and I really didn't want to leave her. But I did. I thought she was going to be ok. She seemed ok before I left her. I arrived at my boyfriend's house and in the morning, I felt really uneasy. I had this feeling that I should go home soon and see Beauty.

When I didn't see her when I arrived home, I became fearful of what might have become of her. I looked for her all over the house, but I didn't see her. I heard my neighbor talking to my dad about her and I immediately went to him. When I asked him about Beauty, the dreaded words came.

"She's gone. She's dead," my dad sadly said. Of course, since our neighbors were there with us, I showed no emotion. But after that, I went inside my room and cried. I wasn't ready for this. I thought it was too early for her to be taken away from us. She was a good dog and we all loved her. We were always happy with her. That's why I just cried. I'm terribly missing her already.

I don't know if she can ever be replaced by another dog. She's so special to me. Everytime I see her pictures in my phone, tears would always fall from my eyes. I will never forget her. In fact, I'll probably be missing her forever. I'll probably be posting pictures of her soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment